Keeping healthy on the road is always a challenge. Of course a little common sense goes a long way, like not eating off the street cart covered in bugs, but here are the other things we keep with us.
- First Aid Kit – We made our own first aid kit with everything from anti-fungal cream and cipro to electrolyte powder and band-aids. Most of this stuff is easily purchased overseas, but since we’re mountain biking and camping a lot, its nice to have it with you when you’re in the middle of no where.
- Toiletries -The usual includes toothbrush, toothpaste, dental floss, nail clippers, weekly multivitamin, sewing kit, soap, shampoo…you get the gist.
- Pocket Soap (Sea to Summit) – When washing our underwear in the sink this stuff works great. review
- Duct Tape – Duct tape is like the force. It has a bright side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together. (Did you know that the rebel base in Star Wars is actually the Mayan ruins of Tikal in Guatemala….cool huh?)
- MSR Packtowel- To avoid the awkward “air” dry at the hostels. This is a great towel, and it dries fast too.
- Clothesline (Sea to Summit) - We have do wash our clothes sometimes, now we can hang our clothes up. Danny had hoped to use this as a jump rope as well but that didn´t work out so well. review
- SteriPEN UV Water Sterilizer- I know. This is listed in the electronics section. We couldn’t decide so we just put it in both places. review