You are probably expecting this post to say something like “eat your veggies” or “exercise daily.” Those are undoubtedly good tips to live healthier, but will eating your veggies make you happier? We all focus on becoming physically healthy, but being emotionally happy plays a big roll.
I hate list posts because I feel like they usually point out the obvious. So here are five things you can do today, that might not be obvious, that will force you to live healthier. And no, I’m not going to tell you to take the stairs.
- Look someone in the eye when you say hello. Greet them with a genuine smile and give them more than just a cursory “hi”. Pay attention to someone; acknowledge that the barrista/ cashier/security guard exists.
- Go outside for lunch. Just go outside for two minutes, stretch your legs, take a deep breath and enjoy the sun on your face. Soak in the vitamin D.
- Laugh out loud. Let yourself enjoy a joke, a funny comment or even the comics. Don’t be afraid to give a good chuckle or belly laugh. Show your enjoyment.
- 4. Be humbled. Life can be challenging and difficult at times. Remember that honestly, as bad as your day may be or as difficult as a challenge may be there is someone, likely not too far away that is also struggling.
- 5. Be the change you want to see in the world. If you want something done, DO IT. Focus on changing your own behaviors before you expect to change others. Lead by example.
What are your thoughts? What are your tips for living a healthier lifestyle?